5 Hidden Costs of Moving Companies?
Professional movers are usually upfront with all their fees, but it happens sometimes for some charges to be written in fine print in your contract or not specified at all. Every agreement usually has hidden costs, so it’s best to know ahead of them and use a moving calculator. This way, you can be prepared when you’re planning to hire a moving company. You will know exactly what questions to ask in relation to the company’s fees and what answers you need to hear to be willing to hire their service.
Knowing about these moving costs ahead will help you set up an accurate budget and avoid any surprises when the moving bill is going to be handed to you.
1. Voluminous items
Some moving companies, if not all, usually charge customers based on the distance their movers and trucks have to cross to take the customer’s goods from one place to another. However, this is not the only criteria used when calculating the final cost of the moving process. Many of them will also take into consideration the volume and weight of the shipment. So, if you have bulky or voluminous objects, such as pianos and pool tables, or royal canopies, you should always ask about the moving company’s policy related to bulky items. Moreover, if your building is not equipped with an elevator, and the mover will have to carry these items from a superior floor, this too might imply additional costs.
2. Packing accessories
Packing is usually a service that moving companies offer for an additional fee. So, you should assume that, if you want to benefit from the services of professional packers, you will have to pay extra. However, just to be sure, discuss this service with your movers and see if and how much they are charging for it. Don’t forget to ask about the costs for packing accessories. Some moving companies cover these costs, while others will expect for you to pay for them. By packing accessories we mean things like boxes, moving blankets, protection for floors and doorways etc.
If your goods are too big and there’s no way any mover could take them out of your home traditionally, through your doorway, or they don’t fit in hallways and stairways, your only option is to hire a relocation company that provides hoisting services. This means that the movers will use special equipment to move your items through the window. Considering the risks and the extra work involved in such cases, it’s only natural for this service to be quite expensive, so think twice before deciding to keep such voluminous items. Do you really need them?
4. Express delivery
This is not exactly a hidden cost, but it’s always good to ask about this option. If you want your things to be delivered to the new place faster than usual, you should ask the moving company if they can provide this service and if it will cost you more than the standard delivery. For short distance moves, the fee might be insignificant, so this won’t be a problem, even if you forget to ask about it. However, when it comes to long distance moves, you should always make sure you know the cost of express delivery ahead.
You should always ask the moving company about their cancellation policy and see what charges they apply in case you decide to cancel the move or postpone it for a different day. Most professional moving companies have a certain period of time during which the client can cancel the move without having to pay anything. However, if you’ve paid a deposit for your move, it’s very probable for the relocation company to keep it as a cancellation fee if you decide that you don’t need their service anymore. Always read the contract and pay attention to the fine print!
Furniture, the Mainstay of Home Decor
In recent times, online shopping has taken India by storm for a variety of products. This phenomenon has also spread to furniture, furnishings and interior decor. In the past, if customers wanted to buy a piece of furniture, it was a tedious journey physically visiting shop to shop, inspecting furniture, looking for the right item, negotiating prices and then finally getting your vaunted purchases home. More often than not, a lot of time and effort was wasted in the process, not to mention the amount of money spent on your choices. Remember - it is never easy to compare products on a shop to shop basis and arriving at a fair price.
Fortunately, with technology and innovation, that has now changed with the advent of online furniture shopping portals like Urban Ladder!
Of course, Urban Ladder is not the first enterprise to venture into this space. However, though somewhat a late entrant, Urban Ladder has still made up for it through its USPs. Consider the following -
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices - sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection - but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer "everything under the sun" for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated - and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience - they really are 'curated'!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through 'Experience Stores'. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
If you are considering any purchase of furniture, suggest you take a good look at the site for your requirements.
5 Hidden Costs of Moving CompaniesGallbladder Problems?I am going to be writing about Home Remedies that can Help. I am also going to inform you on What is a Gallbladder?What are the Functions of the GallbladderWhat are the causes and symptoms of Gallbladder Disease?And some Home remedies that can help.I hope you enjoy this article and that you leave here better informed on what you can do at home.Please note: that I am not a Doctor nor a Physician, and that I cannot treat nor diagnose any condition or disease. It is best to ask your doctor before trying any products or exercise programs.ButterflyStar What is a Gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow organ that rests right beneath your liver. Most gallbladders in adults are about 3 inches long and 1 and half inches wide.the Gallbladder has 3 sections to it which are the:cystic ductcommon hepatic ductcommon bile ductat the top of the gallbladder is where the gallbladder pouch is or called the Hartmann's pouch and that is where most gallstones will form. What is the Function of the Gallbladder?Your Gallbladder stores about 50 ml of bile.It is released from the liver when food that has fats in them are eaten.Your Liver will release bile to help digest the fats. Gallbladder Problems SymptomsPain when pressing on the Right side underneath the last rib.Stone on a Gallbladder ultrasoundgreasy and loose stools that tend to float to the top of the toilet bowl (improper fat absorption)About 90% of gallstones cause no symptoms at all. On average it takes about 8 years for a symptom to develop.Most common symptoms of Gallbladder disease are:Pain when pressing on the Right side underneath the last rib.nauseavomitinggas or bloating The Gallbladder can commonly have GallstonesWhat are Gallstones in the Gallbladder:Gallstones are Stones that are formed in the Gall inside the gallbladder.The Gallbladder is a pear shaped organ that sits just below the liver and stores the bile secreted by the liver.Bile is a liquid that is used for digesting food in the intestine, specifically Fats.Types of Gallstones:Cholesterol gallstones (most common)Pigment gallstones (second most common) pigment is a waste product formed from hemoglobin. black pigment gallstones: Foods that will help dissolve Gallbladder StonesACV (apple cider vinegar)Lemon Juice (dissolves stones)Apple Juice (soften stones)Pears (pear juice is excellent for the gallbladder) (has healing benefits for the gallbladder is excellent for you)ParsnipsSeaweedLimesTurmericBeets (beet juice is excellent for the gallbladder) (with carrots and cucumbers is exellent gallbladder cleanser)Dandelion see my article on "Dandelion - Miracle Herb" Dandelion juices can be takin twice a day (helps stimulate bile production which is great for gallstones)Olive oil is great for gallstones again stimulates the production of bile to remove gallstones. Here is a Great Gallbladder Diet PlanFoods good for the Gallbladder:Beetcucumberstomatoesshallots grapes applespearsGallbladder disorders usually you can not eat fats, Fats can cause symptoms to become worse causing more pain or gas and bloating, try to eat more healthy natural fats instead, but in moderationso avoid:eggschickenpork red meatsall fried foodsno trans-fats Gallbladder CleanseVery Popular:Olive Oil/lemon or grapefruit juice cleanse:Before actually doing the cleanse i would drink allot of apple juice and lemonade fresh if possible, this will soften any stones and also dissolve any stones and also try some of the other vegetables and fruits mentioned into the list before doing this flush.1 hour before bedtime drink: Olive oil 1 cuplemon or grapefruit juice 1 cupdrink total of one cup each but you can break this down in like a fourth of a cup and drink it until the full one cup each.When you go to sleep at night be sure to lay on your right side, I would tuck your knees into your chest while doing so, this will help release stonesNext morning drink some Epsom salt with water about 4 cups. Epsom will get the bowels going to flush the stones out quickly and it doesn't taste very good, you could mix a little lemon or grapefruit juice in, so that it tastes better.gallstones should come out during the day on the second day.I would eat some fresh or soft veggies and broth during the day while doing thismost stones are black and green in color.ACV/ Apple cider Vinegar daily:Some research shows that ACV or apple cider vinegar is excellent for gallbladder painand dissolving gallstones.taking 1 to 2 tablespoons with water per day with some honey.Herbal supplements showing to work are:Chanca Pedrea: translated as break stone. Fruit of Figs (Dry shown to cure Gallstones)Supplements for cure:Magnesium, Milk Thistle, burdock root, lecithin, cinnamon and gingerusually gallstones are caused from a magnesium deficiency.Note: sometimes gallstones are caused because of a congested liver, sometimes its good to do a liver cleanse first. In Conclusion It is so important to take care of our body's before its too late and we have to resort to Doctors and Physicians to care for and cure our body's. We should try our very best to do the best that we can in our lives to be the greatest prevention. I hope that some of the information on Gallbladders - Home Remedies that can help, in some way form or fashion, to relieve some of the discomforts of the disease. Thank you for reading my article and have a beautiful Day!! ButterflyStar
- Furniture Removal Midrand
- Removalists Westcliff
- Moving Help Woodmead
- Relocation Services Sunninghill
- Moving Costs Midrand
- Furniture Moving Services Pretoria
- House Moving Companies Waterfall
- Cheapest Way To Move Furniture Johannesburg
- Moving Furniture Across Country Sandhurst
- Removal Companies Fourways