5 Hidden Costs of Moving Companies?
Professional movers are usually upfront with all their fees, but it happens sometimes for some charges to be written in fine print in your contract or not specified at all. Every agreement usually has hidden costs, so it’s best to know ahead of them and use a moving calculator. This way, you can be prepared when you’re planning to hire a moving company. You will know exactly what questions to ask in relation to the company’s fees and what answers you need to hear to be willing to hire their service.
Knowing about these moving costs ahead will help you set up an accurate budget and avoid any surprises when the moving bill is going to be handed to you.
1. Voluminous items
Some moving companies, if not all, usually charge customers based on the distance their movers and trucks have to cross to take the customer’s goods from one place to another. However, this is not the only criteria used when calculating the final cost of the moving process. Many of them will also take into consideration the volume and weight of the shipment. So, if you have bulky or voluminous objects, such as pianos and pool tables, or royal canopies, you should always ask about the moving company’s policy related to bulky items. Moreover, if your building is not equipped with an elevator, and the mover will have to carry these items from a superior floor, this too might imply additional costs.
2. Packing accessories
Packing is usually a service that moving companies offer for an additional fee. So, you should assume that, if you want to benefit from the services of professional packers, you will have to pay extra. However, just to be sure, discuss this service with your movers and see if and how much they are charging for it. Don’t forget to ask about the costs for packing accessories. Some moving companies cover these costs, while others will expect for you to pay for them. By packing accessories we mean things like boxes, moving blankets, protection for floors and doorways etc.
If your goods are too big and there’s no way any mover could take them out of your home traditionally, through your doorway, or they don’t fit in hallways and stairways, your only option is to hire a relocation company that provides hoisting services. This means that the movers will use special equipment to move your items through the window. Considering the risks and the extra work involved in such cases, it’s only natural for this service to be quite expensive, so think twice before deciding to keep such voluminous items. Do you really need them?
4. Express delivery
This is not exactly a hidden cost, but it’s always good to ask about this option. If you want your things to be delivered to the new place faster than usual, you should ask the moving company if they can provide this service and if it will cost you more than the standard delivery. For short distance moves, the fee might be insignificant, so this won’t be a problem, even if you forget to ask about it. However, when it comes to long distance moves, you should always make sure you know the cost of express delivery ahead.
You should always ask the moving company about their cancellation policy and see what charges they apply in case you decide to cancel the move or postpone it for a different day. Most professional moving companies have a certain period of time during which the client can cancel the move without having to pay anything. However, if you’ve paid a deposit for your move, it’s very probable for the relocation company to keep it as a cancellation fee if you decide that you don’t need their service anymore. Always read the contract and pay attention to the fine print!
Tips to Make Packing Easy with Moving Hacks
Furniture made from leather for all ages was symbol of luxury, prestige, success and wealth. Have you ever pay attention to movies scenes where action is in office? Probably not. Next time look what type of chairs they use. You will see that they are sitting on leather chairs. But like all things leather also has advantages and disadvantages. In this article I will try to discuss both.
Firstly, I would like to start from good things. So here are advantages of leather chairs:
1. I think one of the most important to bigger part of people is that leather looks great. Like I mentioned above it has aura of luxury, prestige. Person who is using it feels power.
3. Leather is not material which has good permeability. This helps when we split something on it, but when we sit on it this feature becomes unwelcome. After longer time sitting in this type of chair we will start to perspire. It happens because our body don't breath. You can solve this problem by putting small pillow or cotton peace on a seat.
4. In the sun leather heat up. After it heats up it become almost impossible to sit on it. In winters it could be a little bit too cold.
5. It is difficult to find light color leather chair. Mainly leather upholsteries are in dark colors.
How to Distress Furniture - Step by Step Guide
For a unique look, many homeowners are mixing distressed furniture with current modern styles.
Before you go throwing away your old dining room or bedroom sets, reconsider by refinishing it. Distressed furniture can be very expensive to buy so why not create it yourself with a little imagination and some TLC. This step by step guide will give you some helpful tips that the pros use when distressing furniture.
1. Sand: Sand down the finish on your piece so the primer/paint has something to adhere to. Use medium/fine grit sandpaper for this.
2. Rough up surface: Take a few tools (hammer, screw driver, chain, etc.) and rough up the surface of the piece. This is left up to your discretion of how distressed you want to make the furniture. The more you rough up the surface the more aged the piece appears.
6. Apply a seal coat: Water based Poly works good for this. Apply 2-3 thin coats of this product according to the manufacturer's recommendation and do not forget to sand in between coats. This step will protect all of your hard work.
Now step back and enjoy your newly antiqued furniture. You will be amazed at the results and how quick and easy you have changed the look of your room. Take your time & most importantly be creative with this!!
- Furniture Removal Midrand
- Removalists Westcliff
- Moving Help Woodmead
- Relocation Services Sunninghill
- Moving Costs Midrand
- Furniture Moving Services Pretoria
- House Moving Companies Waterfall
- Cheapest Way To Move Furniture Johannesburg
- Moving Furniture Across Country Sandhurst
- Removal Companies Fourways