5 Hidden Costs of Moving Companies?
Professional movers are usually upfront with all their fees, but it happens sometimes for some charges to be written in fine print in your contract or not specified at all. Every agreement usually has hidden costs, so it’s best to know ahead of them and use a moving calculator. This way, you can be prepared when you’re planning to hire a moving company. You will know exactly what questions to ask in relation to the company’s fees and what answers you need to hear to be willing to hire their service.
Knowing about these moving costs ahead will help you set up an accurate budget and avoid any surprises when the moving bill is going to be handed to you.
1. Voluminous items
Some moving companies, if not all, usually charge customers based on the distance their movers and trucks have to cross to take the customer’s goods from one place to another. However, this is not the only criteria used when calculating the final cost of the moving process. Many of them will also take into consideration the volume and weight of the shipment. So, if you have bulky or voluminous objects, such as pianos and pool tables, or royal canopies, you should always ask about the moving company’s policy related to bulky items. Moreover, if your building is not equipped with an elevator, and the mover will have to carry these items from a superior floor, this too might imply additional costs.
2. Packing accessories
Packing is usually a service that moving companies offer for an additional fee. So, you should assume that, if you want to benefit from the services of professional packers, you will have to pay extra. However, just to be sure, discuss this service with your movers and see if and how much they are charging for it. Don’t forget to ask about the costs for packing accessories. Some moving companies cover these costs, while others will expect for you to pay for them. By packing accessories we mean things like boxes, moving blankets, protection for floors and doorways etc.
If your goods are too big and there’s no way any mover could take them out of your home traditionally, through your doorway, or they don’t fit in hallways and stairways, your only option is to hire a relocation company that provides hoisting services. This means that the movers will use special equipment to move your items through the window. Considering the risks and the extra work involved in such cases, it’s only natural for this service to be quite expensive, so think twice before deciding to keep such voluminous items. Do you really need them?
4. Express delivery
This is not exactly a hidden cost, but it’s always good to ask about this option. If you want your things to be delivered to the new place faster than usual, you should ask the moving company if they can provide this service and if it will cost you more than the standard delivery. For short distance moves, the fee might be insignificant, so this won’t be a problem, even if you forget to ask about it. However, when it comes to long distance moves, you should always make sure you know the cost of express delivery ahead.
You should always ask the moving company about their cancellation policy and see what charges they apply in case you decide to cancel the move or postpone it for a different day. Most professional moving companies have a certain period of time during which the client can cancel the move without having to pay anything. However, if you’ve paid a deposit for your move, it’s very probable for the relocation company to keep it as a cancellation fee if you decide that you don’t need their service anymore. Always read the contract and pay attention to the fine print!
Leather Furniture - Advantages and Disadvantages
In recent times, online shopping has taken India by storm for a variety of products. This phenomenon has also spread to furniture, furnishings and interior decor. In the past, if customers wanted to buy a piece of furniture, it was a tedious journey physically visiting shop to shop, inspecting furniture, looking for the right item, negotiating prices and then finally getting your vaunted purchases home. More often than not, a lot of time and effort was wasted in the process, not to mention the amount of money spent on your choices. Remember - it is never easy to compare products on a shop to shop basis and arriving at a fair price.
Fortunately, with technology and innovation, that has now changed with the advent of online furniture shopping portals like Urban Ladder!
Of course, Urban Ladder is not the first enterprise to venture into this space. However, though somewhat a late entrant, Urban Ladder has still made up for it through its USPs. Consider the following -
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices - sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection - but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer "everything under the sun" for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated - and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience - they really are 'curated'!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through 'Experience Stores'. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
If you are considering any purchase of furniture, suggest you take a good look at the site for your requirements.
Review of MotionCraft - Functional Motion Furniture
Furniture made from leather for all ages was symbol of luxury, prestige, success and wealth. Have you ever pay attention to movies scenes where action is in office? Probably not. Next time look what type of chairs they use. You will see that they are sitting on leather chairs. But like all things leather also has advantages and disadvantages. In this article I will try to discuss both.
Firstly, I would like to start from good things. So here are advantages of leather chairs:
1. I think one of the most important to bigger part of people is that leather looks great. Like I mentioned above it has aura of luxury, prestige. Person who is using it feels power.
3. Leather is not material which has good permeability. This helps when we split something on it, but when we sit on it this feature becomes unwelcome. After longer time sitting in this type of chair we will start to perspire. It happens because our body don't breath. You can solve this problem by putting small pillow or cotton peace on a seat.
4. In the sun leather heat up. After it heats up it become almost impossible to sit on it. In winters it could be a little bit too cold.
5. It is difficult to find light color leather chair. Mainly leather upholsteries are in dark colors.
- Furniture Removal Midrand
- Removalists Westcliff
- Moving Help Woodmead
- Relocation Services Sunninghill
- Moving Costs Midrand
- Furniture Moving Services Pretoria
- House Moving Companies Waterfall
- Cheapest Way To Move Furniture Johannesburg
- Moving Furniture Across Country Sandhurst
- Removal Companies Fourways