Moving to a new place can be nerve racking experience or a pleasant How To Ship Furniture To Another State in Sandton one. It basically depends on how you choose it to be. Moving and packing go hand in hand and how you pack ultimately determines how your moving in experience to a new place finally concludes. You should focus on making things smoother rather than doing everything at the eleventh hour. Steps like getting together packing tools like padding, tapes, boxes, markers etc., cleaning the house for important items, and making reservations with the movers should be taken well before time. Similar steps which should be taken care of well in advance are discussed below –
Gather All the Goods and Items
Gather all the goods and items you need to pack in one place. It often happens that Nationwide Furniture Removals important things are left behind and that is something you would not like when you are amidst unpacking in your new house/office.
Ready the Supplies and Boxes
Before you actually start packing your stuff, you need to make sure that you have all the pre-requisites such as boxes of different sizes, markers, duct tapes, and padding tools. It is very important that you have these in place before you start packing as it can be a real inconvenience getting these things later on.
Prepare Important Paperwork for the Move
Prepare a proper paperwork wherein you would have a detailed list of things that need to pack as well as the things that you have packed. It would come in very handy once you start unpacking.
Start Packing in Advance
It is always advised to start the packing process in advance. It not only saves you precious time but also reduces the hassles in the end. The lesser the hassles, Household Furniture Movers the lesser the errors and mistakes. Even the best movers would advise you to do the same.
Use Proper Padding
Simply packing things is not enough. You need to make sure that you make proper provisions for the protection of the things you have packed. Proper padding is also important because you never know what is going to happen to your goods and how are they going to be treated. Sudden and uncertain accidents may damage your goods for good. It is thus, always advised to provide proper protection to your packed items. This can be done by bubble wraps or old and used clothes. You can even use Thermocol to add more protection to delicate items.
Take Pictures of Electronic Set-Ups
Electronic set ups can be hard to put back the same way as they were set up before. It often happens that people are unable to set up electronics the exact same way after they have moved into a new place. It is therefore highly recommended that you take photographs of such complicated electronic set ups so that you can late refer to these pictures while setting up again in your new house/office.
Pack in Separate Boxes
While packing your stuff, it is important that you use different boxes and that too of various sizes. It is imperative to do so as this will help you a lot while you unpack. Packers and movers would advise you the same as it is very convenient to unpack different things from different boxes as compared to unpacking everything from one single box.
Pack on An “Open – First” Basis
Last but definitely not the least, always pack your stuff as per ’Open – First” basis. While you pack, always put in stuff which you will need last. This way, when you start unpacking, you will get your hands on things that you need immediately.
6 Things to Consider When Relocating Your BusinessSomebody in the forums recently mentioned that cod-liver oil really sells itself. People write articles about things entirely unrelated to cod-liver oil, or even to cods or to livers, and then they end up being credited on their Amazon sales for having sold cod-liver oil through that hub. This had me curious. Why would anybody order cod-liver oil on Amazon. What do they use it for? And why haven't any of my hubs inspired anybody to go out and buy cod-liver oil? Something Children Were Forced to SwallowBefore I started researching this hub, I had a vague recollection that cod liver oil was something children in 19th and early 20th century literature were forced to swallow, although I could not recall if it was for health reasons or as a form of punishment. Was I confusing cod liver oil with castor oil? I wasn't sure.Was cod-liver oil supposed to be good for you? Or was it a way to make you "be good"? And are those one and the same thing? Nutritional and Medicinal Uses of Cod Liver OilAs its name suggests, cod liver oil is an oil derived from the liver of a cod. Like all oils, its caloric content is mostly fat. Some use it as a means of supplementing their fat intake. For others it is the non-caloric elements of the oil that are the attraction.Cod-liver oil is high in vitamin A and D, and it was originally thought to be a good way to supplement deficiencies in those vitamins. Specific benefits of ingesting cod-liver oil are said to include:relief of arthritis symptomsstrengthening hair and nailsreducing acnecoping with the effects of multiple sclerosisreducing incidence of Type 1 Diabetes in children, when the mother takes it during pregnancyWhen applied topically, cod liver oil makes wounds heal faster. Ill Effects of Cod Liver OilBecause cod liver oil contains more than the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin A, one of the most often cited side-effects of cod liver oil consumption is an overdose of Vitamin A. It has also been suggested that high dosages of cod liver oil during pregnancy might lead to birth defects. Other undesirable effects of the consumption of cod liver oil include indigestion, diarrhea and vomiting.Today, when people take cod liver oil, they usually swallow capsules and avoid the taste. However, in its heyday, cod-liver oil was taken by the spoonful. It was oily, fishy smelling and induced a gag-reflex. And this, I believe, is what led to the punitive uses of cod liver oil. Punitive Uses of Cod Liver OilHere is a documented historical instance of cod liver oil used as a punishment:A child evacuated into the English countryside during the blitz could expect to receive cod liver oil as a punishment for stealing more appetizing food: "We had midnight feasts, but once we were caught scrumping apples and were given cod liver oil as a punishment."What I find odd about this is that during the very same period and place (England during the Blitz), cod liver oil was simultaneously used as a beneficial nutritional supplement and a way to punish children. There is something very odd about this scenario. Imagine saying to your child: "I can see that you've been naughty. I'm going to go get the Vitamin C now!" Nutritional and Medicinal Uses of Castor OilCastor Oil is a vegetable oil derived from the castor bean (Ricinus communis). According to the wikipedia: "It is a triglyceride in which approximately ninety percent of fatty acid chains are ricinoleic acid."Beneficial uses of castor oil include:food additivein candya mold inhibitora laxativean agent to help induce labora skin care product, when used topicallya rub for joint pain Punitive Uses of Castor OilIn previous centuries, children who misbehaved were given castor oil as an alternative to corporal punishmentAccording to the Wikipedia, in Fascist Italy castor oil was one of the tools of intimidation used by Mussolini's blackshirts. Dissidents were force-fed large quantities of castor oil. It rarely killed them, but the results were unpleasant and humiliating. Mussolini's power, it was said, was backed by "the bludgeon and castor oil."In the Poor Man's James Bond by Kurt Saxon there is a recipe for turning castor beans into ricin poison. The Resurgence in Popularity of Yesteryear's Patent MedicineOf late, both cod-liver oil and castor oil, after at least one generation of neglect, have seen a resurgence of popularity. Once known only for their nasty taste and punitive uses in older books for and about children, they are now touted for their miraculous ability to heal wounds, reinvigorate the body and promote general well being. How do we account for this?Food goes through fads. After World War II, American nutritionists decided that fat was bad and carbs were good. They also ruled that plant matter was healthier than animal flesh, and that when choosing between two oils, the vegetable oil was preferable. Bacon and eggs for breakfast were replaced by cereal. Lard as a shortening was set aside for all vegetable Crisco. Maragarine trumped butter. Low fat dairy products were preferred over their more luxurious tasting high fat counterparts.After decades of this regimen, Americans were overweight and suffering from all sorts of illnesses, many of which were caused by a deplorable lack of fat -- and particularly animal fat-- in the diet. In order to remedy this situation, some dietary supplements high in fat were recommended. Cod liver oil is one of these. It has high levels of the omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, which are now considered "good fats".It is likely that the people ordering cod-liver oil are looking for a dietary supplement to help heal their bodies of the symptoms of fat deficiency, since vitamin A and D supplements are available in many other forms besides cod-liver oil. It's also possible that the medicinal value of both cod-liver oil and castor oil are being recognized again by those who hope to circumvent the medical establishment's monopoly on the treatment of auto-immune and other chronic diseases. It could well be the case that some people appreciate the laxative effect of both these oils. Of course, this is all speculation on my part. It's possible that people are trying to find new ways to discipline their children or to establish fascist regimes in their country of origin. You can never tell! ConclusionIs cod liver oil a good thing or a bad thing? Is castor oil an instrument of torture or a nice nutritional additive? The answer is both. Like any other substance, it depends on how you use it. There are no bad substances or good substances, but what you make of what you have at hand is entirely up to you. Let's just hope that all those people who have been ordering cod liver oil will use it wisely. When they randomly wander off-topic into an Amazon capsule and start ordering nutritional supplements, let's hope our readers use them for good rather than evil. After all, every object on earth can serve to further whatever purpose we are pursuing. This is true of not just cod-liver oil, but each and every product we peddle on-line!(c) 2010 Aya Katz
In recent times, online shopping has taken India by storm for a variety of products. This phenomenon has also spread to furniture, furnishings and interior decor. In the past, if customers wanted to buy a piece of furniture, it was a tedious journey physically visiting shop to shop, inspecting furniture, looking for the right item, negotiating prices and then finally getting your vaunted purchases home. More often than not, a lot of time and effort was wasted in the process, not to mention the amount of money spent on your choices. Remember - it is never easy to compare products on a shop to shop basis and arriving at a fair price.
Fortunately, with technology and innovation, that has now changed with the advent of online furniture shopping portals like Urban Ladder!
Of course, Urban Ladder is not the first enterprise to venture into this space. However, though somewhat a late entrant, Urban Ladder has still made up for it through its USPs. Consider the following -
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices - sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection - but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer "everything under the sun" for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated - and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience - they really are 'curated'!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through 'Experience Stores'. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
If you are considering any purchase of furniture, suggest you take a good look at the site for your requirements.