Moving to a new place can be nerve racking experience or a pleasant Interstate Removalists in Sunninghill one. It basically depends on how you choose it to be. Moving and packing go hand in hand and how you pack ultimately determines how your moving in experience to a new place finally concludes. You should focus on making things smoother rather than doing everything at the eleventh hour. Steps like getting together packing tools like padding, tapes, boxes, markers etc., cleaning the house for important items, and making reservations with the movers should be taken well before time. Similar steps which should be taken care of well in advance are discussed below –
Gather All the Goods and Items
Gather all the goods and items you need to pack in one place. It often happens that Furniture Removals Nz important things are left behind and that is something you would not like when you are amidst unpacking in your new house/office.
Ready the Supplies and Boxes
Before you actually start packing your stuff, you need to make sure that you have all the pre-requisites such as boxes of different sizes, markers, duct tapes, and padding tools. It is very important that you have these in place before you start packing as it can be a real inconvenience getting these things later on.
Prepare Important Paperwork for the Move
Prepare a proper paperwork wherein you would have a detailed list of things that need to pack as well as the things that you have packed. It would come in very handy once you start unpacking.
Start Packing in Advance
It is always advised to start the packing process in advance. It not only saves you precious time but also reduces the hassles in the end. The lesser the hassles, Furniture Movers Prices the lesser the errors and mistakes. Even the best movers would advise you to do the same.
Use Proper Padding
Simply packing things is not enough. You need to make sure that you make proper provisions for the protection of the things you have packed. Proper padding is also important because you never know what is going to happen to your goods and how are they going to be treated. Sudden and uncertain accidents may damage your goods for good. It is thus, always advised to provide proper protection to your packed items. This can be done by bubble wraps or old and used clothes. You can even use Thermocol to add more protection to delicate items.
Take Pictures of Electronic Set-Ups
Electronic set ups can be hard to put back the same way as they were set up before. It often happens that people are unable to set up electronics the exact same way after they have moved into a new place. It is therefore highly recommended that you take photographs of such complicated electronic set ups so that you can late refer to these pictures while setting up again in your new house/office.
Pack in Separate Boxes
While packing your stuff, it is important that you use different boxes and that too of various sizes. It is imperative to do so as this will help you a lot while you unpack. Packers and movers would advise you the same as it is very convenient to unpack different things from different boxes as compared to unpacking everything from one single box.
Pack on An “Open – First” Basis
Last but definitely not the least, always pack your stuff as per ’Open – First” basis. While you pack, always put in stuff which you will need last. This way, when you start unpacking, you will get your hands on things that you need immediately.
Furniture, the Mainstay of Home Decor
In recent times, online shopping has taken India by storm for a variety of products. This phenomenon has also spread to furniture, furnishings and interior decor. In the past, if customers wanted to buy a piece of furniture, it was a tedious journey physically visiting shop to shop, inspecting furniture, looking for the right item, negotiating prices and then finally getting your vaunted purchases home. More often than not, a lot of time and effort was wasted in the process, not to mention the amount of money spent on your choices. Remember - it is never easy to compare products on a shop to shop basis and arriving at a fair price.
Fortunately, with technology and innovation, that has now changed with the advent of online furniture shopping portals like Urban Ladder!
Of course, Urban Ladder is not the first enterprise to venture into this space. However, though somewhat a late entrant, Urban Ladder has still made up for it through its USPs. Consider the following -
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices - sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection - but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer "everything under the sun" for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated - and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience - they really are 'curated'!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through 'Experience Stores'. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
If you are considering any purchase of furniture, suggest you take a good look at the site for your requirements.
Relocating an entire company is a tricky business, to say the least. Not only do you have to consider finding a new location, renting or purchasing new office space and finding new employees, but you’re also losing revenue while your business is on hold. There are numerous things that can go wrong in situations like these and having a proper relocation plan is crucial for avoiding them. That said, here are five things every business owner needs to consider when relocating their business.
Do a proper market research on the new location
If you’re moving your business to a new location the first thing you should consider is performing an adequate research on the local market. Gather as much information as you can about the customers, their characteristics, and spending habits and find the one most likely to engage your brand and invest in the products you’re offering. Furthermore, research your competitors, their style of doing business, as well as the general industry you’ll be operating in. This information is what allows business owners to move their businesses without worrying about losing revenue and going out of business.
Draw out a detailed plan of action
Relocating a business without an actual plan of action set in place can only result in hardship and loss of time and revenue. Make sure you weigh out the pros on cons and go over every aspect of the move. Calculate the costs associated with moving and prepare the appropriate budget. There will always be some unpredictable costs and the odds of something getting damaged or lost during transport are pretty solid. Alternatively, you could always hire a professional moving company and let them handle all the logistics associated with business relocation.
Go over the legalities with an attorney
Moving close to your original location won’t result in any legal complication, however, moving to a different state, or even different city often requires a number of different legal considerations. State laws, rules, and regulations could be rather different and the best solution might be to sit down with a legal representative and go over the entire plan. Fulfilling your legal requirements oftentimes ends up being a bureaucratic nightmare unless you know what you’re doing, so you might want to consider hiring a professional legal aid to help you go over the legal details.
Make sure you’re on the same page with your employees
When it comes to moving a business, the perfect situation would be to have your workers move with you. However, this is extremely difficult, as most employees have families, they rent or own living spaces and have friends that love and support them. Asking those employees to move with the company might be regarded as a selfish move, so be careful when talking with them about the relocation. If some workers accept moving, it’s partly your responsibility to help them find a decent accommodation and ease their transition into a new environment.
Look for a decent office space
Office spaces are notoriously expensive, whether you’re leasing or making a purchase. Leasing an office space often involves singing a two-to-five-year contract and providing the landlord with a security deposit. This is not a bad idea for businesses absolutely certain that they will stay in that location for a number of years. However, most small businesses simply don’t need large office spaces and for them, the most satisfying solution could be to use shared office spaces. They can be paid on a daily, weekly or a monthly basis, depending on your work preferences and almost all of them offer the basic utilities such as electricity and internet.
Let people know about the move
Make sure you let your business associates, suppliers, delivery services and, of course, your customers know that you’re moving your business. Send them your new contact and location information and avoid canceling your old PO box just yet. Just because you let people know does not mean that everyone will hear about it in time. This may result in suppliers delivering materials t and customers sending mail to your old address.
Leave the PO box for at least a month before you cancel it just to be safe. If something does end up arriving at your old address, make sure you have the adequate storage space to place them until you figure out what to do. Fortunately, there’s more than one decent option when choosing appropriate storage options for your company, so avoid rushing things and find the one that will best suit your needs.
Moving an entire business is by no means an easy task. It requires a lot of coordination, planning ahead and most importantly, patience. Prepare a relocation budget and add an additional 10% just to be sure. Have a backup budget set in place alongside the moving budget; nothing in life goes absolutely smoothly in it’s safe to assume that at least some part of the move will go wrong. Check the new marketplace for competitors and potential customers and consult an attorney about any differences in regulations regarding running a business. Finally, if the move is simply too much for you to handle at the moment, you might want to consider hiring a professional moving company and have them take care of the details.