Moving to a new place can be nerve racking experience or a pleasant Moving Company Ratings in Morningside one. It basically depends on how you choose it to be. Moving and packing go hand in hand and how you pack ultimately determines how your moving in experience to a new place finally concludes. You should focus on making things smoother rather than doing everything at the eleventh hour. Steps like getting together packing tools like padding, tapes, boxes, markers etc., cleaning the house for important items, and making reservations with the movers should be taken well before time. Similar steps which should be taken care of well in advance are discussed below –
Gather All the Goods and Items
Gather all the goods and items you need to pack in one place. It often happens that Household Furniture Removal important things are left behind and that is something you would not like when you are amidst unpacking in your new house/office.
Ready the Supplies and Boxes
Before you actually start packing your stuff, you need to make sure that you have all the pre-requisites such as boxes of different sizes, markers, duct tapes, and padding tools. It is very important that you have these in place before you start packing as it can be a real inconvenience getting these things later on.
Prepare Important Paperwork for the Move
Prepare a proper paperwork wherein you would have a detailed list of things that need to pack as well as the things that you have packed. It would come in very handy once you start unpacking.
Start Packing in Advance
It is always advised to start the packing process in advance. It not only saves you precious time but also reduces the hassles in the end. The lesser the hassles, Household Furniture Movers the lesser the errors and mistakes. Even the best movers would advise you to do the same.
Use Proper Padding
Simply packing things is not enough. You need to make sure that you make proper provisions for the protection of the things you have packed. Proper padding is also important because you never know what is going to happen to your goods and how are they going to be treated. Sudden and uncertain accidents may damage your goods for good. It is thus, always advised to provide proper protection to your packed items. This can be done by bubble wraps or old and used clothes. You can even use Thermocol to add more protection to delicate items.
Take Pictures of Electronic Set-Ups
Electronic set ups can be hard to put back the same way as they were set up before. It often happens that people are unable to set up electronics the exact same way after they have moved into a new place. It is therefore highly recommended that you take photographs of such complicated electronic set ups so that you can late refer to these pictures while setting up again in your new house/office.
Pack in Separate Boxes
While packing your stuff, it is important that you use different boxes and that too of various sizes. It is imperative to do so as this will help you a lot while you unpack. Packers and movers would advise you the same as it is very convenient to unpack different things from different boxes as compared to unpacking everything from one single box.
Pack on An “Open – First” Basis
Last but definitely not the least, always pack your stuff as per ’Open – First” basis. While you pack, always put in stuff which you will need last. This way, when you start unpacking, you will get your hands on things that you need immediately.
Furniture, the Mainstay of Home Decor
In recent times, online shopping has taken India by storm for a variety of products. This phenomenon has also spread to furniture, furnishings and interior decor. In the past, if customers wanted to buy a piece of furniture, it was a tedious journey physically visiting shop to shop, inspecting furniture, looking for the right item, negotiating prices and then finally getting your vaunted purchases home. More often than not, a lot of time and effort was wasted in the process, not to mention the amount of money spent on your choices. Remember - it is never easy to compare products on a shop to shop basis and arriving at a fair price.
Fortunately, with technology and innovation, that has now changed with the advent of online furniture shopping portals like Urban Ladder!
Of course, Urban Ladder is not the first enterprise to venture into this space. However, though somewhat a late entrant, Urban Ladder has still made up for it through its USPs. Consider the following -
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices - sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection - but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer "everything under the sun" for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated - and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience - they really are 'curated'!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through 'Experience Stores'. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
If you are considering any purchase of furniture, suggest you take a good look at the site for your requirements.What is a Gall Bladder Attack?My fiancée suffers from these from time to time, so she asked me to write an article about it, so we could learn more together. Quite simply, a gall bladder attack is a sporadic pain under the right side of the ribcage. This pain will often spread to the right shoulder and the back and can be excruciating in nature. My fiancée's doctor told her not to worry, so long as the attacks were short, but we have decided to learn more about this condition, as there are some serious health risks involved with ignoring the symptoms. As such, I'm here to share with you what we have learned, with the hope the information will help you as it has helped us.Before continuing on, I want to throw a word out to the wise. If you are reading this because you believe you are having a gall bladder attack, but you haven't confirmed it with a doctor yet, then please, skip down to the symptoms list and if you are experiencing those symptoms, have someone drive you to receive medical assistance. A gall bladder attack is nothing to mess with, as it can be a life threatening issue.Now, I didn't add that to scare anyone, but I most certainly don't want anyone ignoring the need to seek medical attention, because they were too busy reading my article. Again, if you are experiencing the symptoms and haven't spoke to your doctor yet, then the time to do so is now. Symptoms of a Gall Bladder AttackThe main symptom is pain below the ribs on the right side that often radiates to the back, the right shoulder, or between the shoulder blades. If you are experiencing this kind of pain your doctor will want to know how long you have been experiencing it and how often. This pain can also be accompanied by nausea or vomiting, making an already unpleasant situation even more so. Some minor symptoms you might experience are: gas, belching, indigestion, and abdominal bloating. These are a nuisance, at best, but there are more severe symptoms that could occur: jaundice (a yellowing of the eyes and skin), persistent pain, fever, chills and sweating. If you are experiencing these symptoms along with your attack, then you need to make your doctor aware, as they could denote a more serious condition. How to Prevent These AttacksA change in diet is the most recommended plan of action:don't eat fried or fatty foods avoid red meatstay away from binge and purge dietsdon't drink carbonated drinkseat smaller meals throughout the dayOther things you can do to help:eat more fibertake fish oil capsules (also knows as Omega 3 oils)take vitamin E (unless you are currently taking an anticoagulant)In most cases, a change in diet alone will stop the attacks from occurring and negate the need for surgery. While many will balk at the idea of changing their eating habits to prevent the attacks, they feel they will need to change those habits anyway if their gall bladder is surgically removed. So, it's best to change what you eat and keep what's inside of you - inside of you. Can a Gall Bladder Burst Like an Appendix?Absolutely! And it's not good when this happens. This is why a diet modification is often recommended, to keep things from going this far. If the pain continues, even with the new diet in-place, then it's time to consider surgery as an option. Gall Bladder SurgeryIt's not as bad as you think. Due to advances in medical science, the gall bladder is now typically removed by a procedure called laparoscopic cholcystectomy, which is a surgery by which small cuts in the abdomen so they gall bladder can be extracted. In 90% of all cases, this relieves all of the symptoms, allowing the patient to return to a productive life.Typical recovery time from this surgery is 3 to ten days, but you can experience extreme fatigue for up to a month. Still, having gone through so much pain, you can see this as the road leading to better days, as the worst is probably behind you; however, if the symptoms return, be sure to let your doctor know right away. A Non-traditional CureRose Mary of Hubpages brought this interesting cure to my attention. Some might want to try it as a possible alternative to surgery:"I had no significant typical GB symptoms, but my chiropractor thought I had GB issues. I drank a disgusting mixture of 6 oz Coke classic, 6 oz olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon. Within 12 hrs or so, I passed a gazillion green gall stones in an array of sizes. I had no pain during any of this process. Possibly because gallstones are actually soft. I've done this cleanse one additional time since because I passed so many stones the first time. My brother and his boss have had several episodes of kidney stones. They now take a product called Phospholiquid by Standard Process, also from this chiropractor, when they have symptoms of yet another stone. For his boss who has been to the hospital as an inpatient several times, well let’s just say she’s sold."Thanks Rose Mary! Links to More InformationBelow you will find some links that were very helpful during my research, and I hope they will provide further information that will be helpful. Remember, you only get one shot at life, so you need to make the most of it by taking care of yourself. Here are the links I promised: