Moving to a new place can be nerve racking experience or a pleasant Relocation Service in Brakpan one. It basically depends on how you choose it to be. Moving and packing go hand in hand and how you pack ultimately determines how your moving in experience to a new place finally concludes. You should focus on making things smoother rather than doing everything at the eleventh hour. Steps like getting together packing tools like padding, tapes, boxes, markers etc., cleaning the house for important items, and making reservations with the movers should be taken well before time. Similar steps which should be taken care of well in advance are discussed below –
Gather All the Goods and Items
Gather all the goods and items you need to pack in one place. It often happens that National Furniture Movers important things are left behind and that is something you would not like when you are amidst unpacking in your new house/office.
Ready the Supplies and Boxes
Before you actually start packing your stuff, you need to make sure that you have all the pre-requisites such as boxes of different sizes, markers, duct tapes, and padding tools. It is very important that you have these in place before you start packing as it can be a real inconvenience getting these things later on.
Prepare Important Paperwork for the Move
Prepare a proper paperwork wherein you would have a detailed list of things that need to pack as well as the things that you have packed. It would come in very handy once you start unpacking.
Start Packing in Advance
It is always advised to start the packing process in advance. It not only saves you precious time but also reduces the hassles in the end. The lesser the hassles, Home Removalists the lesser the errors and mistakes. Even the best movers would advise you to do the same.
Use Proper Padding
Simply packing things is not enough. You need to make sure that you make proper provisions for the protection of the things you have packed. Proper padding is also important because you never know what is going to happen to your goods and how are they going to be treated. Sudden and uncertain accidents may damage your goods for good. It is thus, always advised to provide proper protection to your packed items. This can be done by bubble wraps or old and used clothes. You can even use Thermocol to add more protection to delicate items.
Take Pictures of Electronic Set-Ups
Electronic set ups can be hard to put back the same way as they were set up before. It often happens that people are unable to set up electronics the exact same way after they have moved into a new place. It is therefore highly recommended that you take photographs of such complicated electronic set ups so that you can late refer to these pictures while setting up again in your new house/office.
Pack in Separate Boxes
While packing your stuff, it is important that you use different boxes and that too of various sizes. It is imperative to do so as this will help you a lot while you unpack. Packers and movers would advise you the same as it is very convenient to unpack different things from different boxes as compared to unpacking everything from one single box.
Pack on An “Open – First” Basis
Last but definitely not the least, always pack your stuff as per ’Open – First” basis. While you pack, always put in stuff which you will need last. This way, when you start unpacking, you will get your hands on things that you need immediately.
Leather Furniture - Advantages and DisadvantagesDifferent types of gallbladder diseasesDo you think you might have gallbladder disease? I had it for years before my suspicions were confirmed. I knew I fit the standard profile or the four “Fs” – fat, forty, female, and fair (white). I had also had several children but hadn’t breastfed, which made me an even more likely candidate. My gallbladder symptoms were rather vague. They included some pain, but it wasn’t severe. The worst part of the disease was that I just felt bad much of the time. Once the problem was identified, I was ready to get that sucker out! The physician who performed my gallbladder removal was an old schoolmate, so I felt completely comfortable with him, and we joked around a lot. I tried to talk him into letting me have the organ after the surgery. He asked me what I was going to do with it, and I told him I wanted to use it for shark bait. He didn’t give me my gallbladder, and I never could understand why not. After all, it was mine, and I was paying for the gall bladder surgery! GallbladderThe human gallbladder (or gall bladder, as it sometimes appears in search engines) is located just under the liver, in the upper right part of the abdomen. The gallbladder is a sac-like organ, typically about three inches long, and it’s capable of holding a little less than two ounces of bile. Bile, an acidic fluid, is produced by the liver and is concentrated and stored in the gallbladder. When we consume foods that contain fat, a message is sent to the gall bladder to squirt bile into the duodenum, which is the first section of the small intestine. Bile helps the body break down and digest fats. Gallbladder disease Most people associate gallbladder disease only with gallstones. You can, however, have gall bladder disease without having gallstones. I did. When I first began to have pain in my gallbladder region, I ignored it for a long time. Since it persisted, I finally went to the doctor. He ordered an ultrasound, which revealed no gallstones. I left the office, without a clue as to what was causing my pain. When the gallbladder symptoms persisted, I returned to my doctor. He ordered another ultrasound, and again, no gallstones were found. I convinced him that something was going on with my liver or gall bladder, so he sent me to our local hospital for more tests. There, I had a gallbladder function test. For this, I was injected with a synthetic fat, and the technician watched my gallbladder on a screen to see how the organ was functioning. My doctor’s nurse called with the results. My gallbladder was functioning at 1%! In other words, it was “dead,” even though I had no gallstones. There are several types of gallbladder disease. Cholelithiasis is the term used when gallstones have formed in the biliary tract, and cholecystitis is when the gallbladder is inflamed, usually due to gallstones. Choledocholithiasis is when gallstones are blocking the bile ducts. Cholangitis is the inflammation of the bile duct, often caused by an infection. Cholestasis is the term used when the flow of bile is significantly reduced or completely obstructed. Acalculous biliary dyskinesia is the term used for a gallbladder that doesn’t function properly, in the absence of gallstones. Obviously, I had the latter. My doc sent me to a surgeon, and my gallbladder surgery was scheduled. Gallbladder symptoms – gallbladder attack Gall bladder symptoms can vary from person to person. I usually experienced an almost constant nagging pain, but many people have a sudden onset of gallbladder symptoms, which is often called a gallbladder attack. My gallbladder symptoms included pain just beneath my ribcage on the right side, along with a full feeling. A gall bladder attack, on the other hand, might include more severe pain and vomiting. Gallbladder symptoms might also include fever, diarrhea, and/or chills. Gallbladder pain might also be felt under the breast bone or in the back, under the shoulder blades. A gallbladder attack can be triggered by different foods with different people, but foods high in fat are the usual culprits. Sometimes an attack can be caused by seemingly no reason at all. An episode might last less than an hour, or it could last for several hours. I know people who suffered extreme gallbladder pain and excessive vomiting. For others, like me, the symptoms can be vague and hard to pinpoint. Gallstones Gallstones are fairly common, but most people don’t realize they can be life-threatening. The stones are formed in the gallbladder and might be as small as grains of sand or almost as large as a hen egg. Gallstones vary in composition and color. They might consist of cholesterol, bilirubin, phosphate, calcium, or a combination of these materials. Gallstones range in color and might be green, pale yellow, brown, or almost black. Gallstones that obstruct the bile ducts can cause pancreatitis or ascending cholangitis, both of which can result in death. Gallbladder surgery – gallbladder removal The term for gallbladder surgery is cholecystectomy, and there are two basic types – open and laparoscopic. Gall bladder surgery – the open version - used to be terrible, as the patient was practically “sawn in half” and had to stay in the hospital for several days. Nowadays, however, gallbladder removal is often done laparoscopically, with just three or four small incisions in the abdomen. Thankfully, my gall bladder removal was done in the second manner I described. My gallbladder surgery took only a few minutes, and as soon as I recovered from the general anesthesia, I was allowed to go home. I had four incisions, but only one really caused me pain – the one in my upper right abdomen. It didn’t hurt all the time, but when I used my abdominal muscles to get up or to lie down, that incision hurt. You don’t realize how much you use those muscles until they’re compromised in some way. I never did have to take any pain meds, however, even though I was prescribed some narcotics after my gall bladder surgery. This was just before Christmas vacation from school, so I was off for several days to recover. It didn’t take long, though, for me to be better than new! In fact, just a couple of days after my gallbladder removal, I hosted a huge Christmas party. I felt better than I had in years, as that constant gnawing pain and the general sense of not feeling well were both eliminated – forever. Well, I still have other aches and occasional illnesses, but they’re not associated with my gallbladder. If you think you might have gallbladder disease, please get it checked out. I wish I had done so sooner. Having gallbladder surgery was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
In recent times, online shopping has taken India by storm for a variety of products. This phenomenon has also spread to furniture, furnishings and interior decor. In the past, if customers wanted to buy a piece of furniture, it was a tedious journey physically visiting shop to shop, inspecting furniture, looking for the right item, negotiating prices and then finally getting your vaunted purchases home. More often than not, a lot of time and effort was wasted in the process, not to mention the amount of money spent on your choices. Remember - it is never easy to compare products on a shop to shop basis and arriving at a fair price.
Fortunately, with technology and innovation, that has now changed with the advent of online furniture shopping portals like Urban Ladder!
Of course, Urban Ladder is not the first enterprise to venture into this space. However, though somewhat a late entrant, Urban Ladder has still made up for it through its USPs. Consider the following -
- The first impression that you get when you visit the Urban Ladder website is a well designed, clean and pleasant look. The site is quite user friendly and the products are categorised neatly.
- Urban Ladder is a niche player and a specialist in the furniture segment.
- It does not flood you with umpteen choices - sometimes, that could suffocate us and make it quite difficult to zero in on a final selection - but at the same time, it does give you reasonable number of choices to make you feel comfortable in making satisfying decisions.
- The products are priced reasonably and transparently with periodic discount offers through the year, especially December year-end sales. There are also debit / credit card discount offers and Amazon Pay discounts (10% off, maximum Rs.500) available to customers from time to time.
- The portal keeps its range reasonably broad based but tight which also fit your requirements. As of now, it does not offer "everything under the sun" for your home needs but suffice it to say that you would be happy with the range available and not disappointed.
- The fact that it keeps its range reasonably tight is a plus because it maintains higher quality control through curation of products. Its products are well curated - and when we say curated, we speak from personal experience - they really are 'curated'!
- In case you are not satisfied with the product, there are easy returns available and refunds as well, subject to T & C.
- The listings on the website are quite detailed with explicit images from various aspects and include measurements of the products too. They cover product features, properties, material used, care & safety instructions, warranty, returns and quality promise. If you still have questions, all you need is to connect with them through any of your preferred modes of communication or simply post a question.
- The website is equipped with a Products Compare facility for customer selected products.
- Urban Ladder also offers consultancy services for Interior Designing of your home at reasonable prices.
- For those customers who need variety of payment options, Urban Ladder offers Cash on Delivery (COD), Card on Delivery, Amazon Pay, UPI, Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card Payments, to name a few. It has EMI facilities as well. And if you still need time or are planning for a future occasion, then you have the option to save it to your Wish List.
- The best part is that Urban Ladder not only services premier metros but also has presence in tier 2 and tier 3 cities. It has a clear vision to expand further and further in to such cities and towns. This is good for customers who often wish to buy from premier furniture portals but may not have delivery facilities to their location. Further, Urban Ladder focusses on not just delivery facilities but also brick and mortar offices in specified locations. And yes, its delivery facilities are free of cost. Customers are notified date of delivery and the products have tracking facility.
- For customers interested in gifting, the portal also offers Gift Cards. If the gift card ordered is => Rs.10,000/-, then customers also get Rs.2,000/- extra vouchers. The gift cards have no expiry date and can be purchased for denominations starting as low as Rs.1,000/- either in electronic or physical version. They can be customised for all kinds of occasions and events.
- Urban Ladder also has an attractive referral policy wherein existing customers can refer their friends, relatives and acquaintances with a designated voucher code and capping limit of 10 referrals per account. When their referral uses the code, they get 10% off and the customer who referred them gets Rs.2,000/- off on each referral. This has been quite useful for our requirements.
- The online venture has physical presence too in select locations through 'Experience Stores'. These are brick and mortar stores that customers can personally visit and select their products while getting a feel on how they look and fit in homes.
- The best part is that their delivery staff are quite well trained and skilled. They are courteous and polite. They provide all information (including warranty, returns and refunds), you may need when they deliver and install the products in your homes.
- Their contact centre staff are equally competent and they have multiple modes of communication namely email, chat and telephones. The portal is setup with variety of social media accounts as well.
- While they do have policies and procedures that they need to adhere to, yet they are flexible in case you have any genuine query, requirement or problem. This is often missing in online portals. Moreover, the conversations are not scripted / templated and are usually engaging.
- Urban Ladder products are compact and can be easily assembled / dismantled as may be required. This is particularly useful for customers who are mobile and move locations periodically.
- Mobile friendly customers can download the Urban Ladder app available both on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
If you are considering any purchase of furniture, suggest you take a good look at the site for your requirements.